Our brand new collection
Our perennial favorite
As the items are handmade, the shape, color and seize of the products may differ from the product´s images.
We have named the various jewelry parts after the names of the jewelry manufacturers. As a rule, the women from the Acholi tribe, which is the tribe that predominantly populates northern Uganda, have a Christian name and a name in the tribe's language. This name is often chosen based on the circumstances in which the child was born.
Here are a few examples:
- Limaro - the beloved
- Aloyo - the victorious
- Akello - the child born after twins
- Acen - the second born twin
- Apiyo - the firstborn twin
- Laneyro - someone who likes to laugh
- Lagum - the blessed
- Lakija - who is full of grace